Nice to see your interest in me. I would like to explain the following with regards to my usage of social media on the Internets:
- I try to make informed choices on my use of social media platforms and evaluate them on a regular basis.
- I make a difference between my professional and my personal life, insofar as this is practical.
- I may have accounts on services I do not plan to use as a precaution against namejacking. Friend/linking requests on these services will be deleted without answer. Please do not be dismayed.
- As with specific social media platforms, currently the following applies:
I am active on
I am not active on
- Linkedin (professional)
- Yammer (professional)
- Twitter (personal)
- Weblogs on *.dersjant.nl (personal)
- Diaspora (professional)
- On different platforms, different reasons for following/linking may apply. These reasons may or may not be random and may include whether I know you personally, whether I find your musings of interest, or any other reason.
- On all platforms I would like to treat people as a real human being sitting opposite me. I would like to be treated equally.
This social media policy has last been reviewed and updated on August 29th, 2012.